How do I import my contacts into Batchbook?
Here are some of the most common places data is imported from
To import your data, you first need to convert your files into a CSV format. The steps are slightly different for each application; see links below for more detailed instructions.
All microsoft products(Outlook, Excel) : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support-FX101825174.aspx?CTT=97
Importing your contacts
Let's get those contacts into the system! Start by...
- Clicking on the Import Contacts button in the header bar.
- Click the File Upload radio button (you can also import through some of our integration partners, but we'll stick to CSV imports for now).
- Click the Choose File button to find the CSV file on your computer; double click the CSV file name to select it.
- If you don't have a CSV file ready for import and need to create one, you can click on the Download it here! link to get a template for your account.
- Next you'll want to select from the drop down menu how you want Batchbook to find duplicates, you can choose from Name & Email, Just Name or Just Email.
- Tell us how we should Resolve duplicates - should we merge them, ignore them or overwrite them?
- Choose your default date format : US or International.
- The Tag import with field is a text box for you to add one or multiple tags to all contacts on your file.
After you've chosen your file to import we'll automatically try and map as many of your headers from the file to fields in Batchbook.
9. Rows that are not highlighted are not mapped to Batchbook fields and will not be imported unless you choose to map to an existing Custom Field Set or create a new Custom Field Set using the Create new field option.
10. When all mappings are complete, click on 'Import Contacts' to begin the import. You're done!
If we have any problems with a record during import, that record will be skipped and you will be notified via email so please keep an eye out for emails from email@example.com!
NOTE: We will queue any import with 40 or more records. If your import is queued for this reason, you'll receive a message in Batchbook letting you know. We will also send you an e-mail confirmation when the records have been successfully inserted into your Batchbook account, which should happen in under five minutes.
Check out our "How to Import" video for extra help - including numerous tips and tricks for an easy import.
If there is anything else we can help out with - just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org