Editing & Deleting Custom Fields
After thinking about the vital information to your business, you'll likely want to make small changes to the Custom Field Sets that were pre-determined for your account. Luckily, Custom Field Sets and their fields can be quickly edited to suit your needs.
Start on the Custom Fields page
From the Settings menu under the Client name, click on the Custom Fields option.
Choose the Custom Field Set you'd like to edit or delete
In the middle column, click on the name of the Custom Field Set you'd like to alter. You'll see the Custom Field Set details appear in the right column. If you'd like to delete the entire Custom Field and all of it's corresponding fields, simply click on the trash can icon for that set.
Edit Custom Field Set details
Basic details for the Custom Field Set are editable inline.
- Click on the name or description fields to update the information instantly.
- To make a Custom Field Set Global, just click on the box to the left of the record type you'd like to the Set Global to.
- Once a Custom Field Set has been made Global you'll notice a new icon under the Custom Feld Sets name in the center column as seen in in the Individual/Family Insurance Quote Custom Field Set
Rearrange fields within a Custom Field Set
Use the up/down arrows to the left of each field within the set to arrange the order of the fields to suit your needs.
To edit Fields within a Custom Field Set
Click Edit button to the right of the field you want to alter. You can now edit the name of the field. Depending on the type of field you're working with you'll be given different options for editing. If you want to delete the field entirely you can select to delete the field as well. The remaining fields will be left intact.
Editing multiple choice options
One of the most common fields you'll edit are multiple choice fields.
- To Edit the type of Multiple Choice option presented (single choice versus multiple choice) select from the drop down
- Change the name of the field
- Remove the field as an option
- Rearrange the field order
- Add a new field
- Save your changes