Tips for cleaning up your csv file before import
If you're ready to import your file but want to make sure it's in tip top shape to avoid any errors or misguided data entry you've come to the right place! We've pulled together a few tips to help make importing your csv file a little smoother.
- Check your file name! If the name of your file has an apostrophe in it, please remove it in order to avoid an error.
- When importing individuals put individual first name and last name in the 1st 2 columns.
- When importing companies put company name in first column.
- Create a row for individuals and a separate row for companies. Tie the personnel to the company by including the company name in the row for the individual but keep all company specific information in it's own row.
- Create your Custom Fields Sets in Batchbook before importing custom data - it helps ensure the data is added the way you'd like. If using Multiple choice options - be sure each option in your file matches the options in Batchbook exactly.
- Put all tags in one column separated by commas. If they are currently in separate columns use Concatenate to combine them.
- Delete any blank columns from the file.
- Remove any columns of information that aren't important to your business or that you no longer need.
- Make sure every column has a header name like 'First name', 'Last Name', Email' etc to make mapping smoother.
- Make sure the file is saved as a csv.